Medical Billing and Coding
Program Type: Certificate
Program Length: 30 Weeks
Day Class: 03/21/2019, 06/14/2019
Eve Class: TBD
Day Schedule: Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Eve Schedule: Monday – Thursday 4:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Certificate Program (48 Quarter Credits / 30 Weeks / 660 Clock Hours )
The Medical Billing and Coding with Medical Office Administration program is designed to prepare the graduates to become skilled entry-level Professional Medical Billers and Coders and work effectively in the health care environment. Program includes well balanced on-campus time for lectures and demonstrations and on-campus (work-simulated) computer lab for doctor’s coding and billing practice including EHR (Electronic Health Records). Additionally, Medical Office Administration component of this program includes training in assisting with front desk duties, answering phones, scheduling appointments, filling out insurance forms, practice management and HIPAA compliance, thus enhancing employment opportunities. The off-campus Clinical Externship module of the curriculum is structured to provide supervised hands-on training (requiring competencies logs and evaluations) at clinical externship sites such as doctor’s offices, clinics and billing and coding companies.
To prepare competent entry-level cardiovascular technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains for adult echocardiography and to prepare competent entry-level cardiovascular technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains for non-invasive vascular study.
- All candidates must be at least eighteen (18) years of age before enrolling.
- All candidates must have a valid government issued picture ID and a Social Security card
- All candidates must possess at a minimum a High School Diploma (High School Transcripts showing graduation date), or copy of General Education Diploma (GED). Foreign graduates in addition must present certified English translation of required documents and evaluation confirming that the documents meet U.S. equivalency.
- All candidates must be interviewed by an admission’s representative and/or program director to review and discuss the program and prerequisites needed for enrollment.
- All candidates must complete and sign pre-enrollment documents.
- All candidates must sign the Enrollment Agreement and pay the appropriate application/registration fees.
- Specific Program’s enrollment requirements may vary. College Degree, College Credits, Admission’s Assessment Exam, Health Clearance and Immunizations, Cleared Background Check, Negative Drug Screening Results may be required prior to the program acceptance.
Objectives of the program:
At the completion of the program, the diligent student will be:
Medical Career Institute
Ocean Township, NJ 07712
© 2019 by Medical Career Institute. All Rights Reserved