Sterile Processing Technician
Program Type: Certificate
Program Length: 29/32 Weeks
Day Class: 03/08/2019, 10/04/2019
Eve Class: 06/06/2019
Day Schedule: Monday – Thursday 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Eve Schedule: Monday – Thursday 4:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Certificate Program (40 Quarter Credits / 29- 32 Weeks / 712 Clock Hours )
The Sterile Processing program at Medical Career Institute is based on The International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) training requirements and complies with its policies and procedures in preparing students for the certification exam mandated in the State of New Jersey by Department of Health and Senior Services in order to enter the profession. The program prepares graduates to work as a skilled Registered Central Service Technicians in hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and endoscopy colonoscopy clinics. Essential functions of a Registered Central Service Technicians are; to sterilize, package, test and operate medical equipment and surgical instruments, stock and maintain equipment processing rooms, prepare surgical carts with surgical supplies and instrument trays as well as prepare and maintain records and logs associated with medical instruments and equipment.
- All candidates must be at least eighteen (18) years of age before enrolling.
- All candidates must have a valid government issued picture ID and a Social Security card
- All candidates must possess at a minimum a High School Diploma (High School Transcripts showing graduation date), or copy of General Education Diploma (GED). Foreign graduates in addition must present certified English translation of required documents and evaluation confirming that the documents meet U.S. equivalency.
- All candidates must be interviewed by an admission’s representative and/or program director to review and discuss the program and prerequisites needed for enrollment.
- All candidates must complete and sign pre-enrollment documents.
- All candidates must sign the Enrollment Agreement and pay the appropriate application/registration fees.
- Specific Program’s enrollment requirements may vary. College Degree, College Credits, Admission’s Assessment Exam, Health Clearance and Immunizations, Cleared Background Check, Negative Drug Screening Results may be required prior to the program acceptance.
Objectives of the program:
and standards, cleaning, decontamination, sterilization, packaging, storage, inventory management, safety and ambulatory surgery practices.
At the completion of the program the diligent student will be:
Medical Career Institute
Ocean Township, NJ 07712
© 2019 by Medical Career Institute. All Rights Reserved